Austrian demonstration buildings from the research programme "Building of tomorrow"
This map (status summer 2012) gives an overview of the 55 demonstration buildings (new and refurbished), that were developed on the basis of research and development results based on the programme "Building of Tomorrow".
Thanks to the great efforts of researchers, planners and enterprises, the research and development results of the programme could be implemented and a significant technology lead could be achieved. This map is intended to stimulate active engagement with new building design.
- Timber passive house Mühlweg (Residential Building)
- Klima.Komfort.Haus (Residential Building)
- Aspern IQ
- Certified passive attic conversion
- Plus energy office building Vienna UT
- David´s Corner
- Wohnhausanlage Roschégasse/Pantucekgasse
- Passivhauswohnanlage Dreherstraße
- Gründerzeit-Sanierung Kaiserstraße
- ROOFJET Wißgrillgasse
- Wohnanlage Utendorfgasse
- Passive house village for trial live-in Großschönau (Residential Building)
- Cepheus Projekt Einfamilienhaus Horn
- Passive house kindergarten, Ziersdorf (Commercial Building)
- gugler! build & print triple zero
- S-House (Office and commercial building)
- Wienerwaldvilla, Purkersdorf
- sol4 Office and conference center Eichkogel (Office Building)
- Clay passive house office building Tattendorf (Office Building)
- Historical residential development "Tschechenring" (Residential Building)
- Multi-family house Makartstraße, Linz (Residential Building)
- einfach:wohnen solar City (Residential Building)
- Bio-farm Achleitner (Office, storage and sales room)
- Sanierung Fronius Wels
- Bauernhof in Schleißheim
- ChristophorusHaus -CHH (Office building, conference center)
- Renovation of the school Schwanenstadt (Commercial Building)
- Energieautarke Solarfabrik
- Renovation of a single family passive house Pettenbach (Residential Building)
- Cepheus Projekt Reihenhäuser Steyr/Dietach
- Haus Zeggele – Renovation of a historical residential building (Residential Building)
- Bauingenieurfakultät Innsbruck
- Apartment Park Sandgrubenweg–Sustainable dwelling units (Residential Building)
- Cepheus Projekt Reihenhäuser Hörbranz
- Cepheus Projekt Wohnanlage Wolfurt
- Life-Cycle Tower LCT ONE
- Cepheus Projekt Einfamilienhaus Dornbirn Knie
- Cepheus Projekt Mehrfamilien-Passivhaus Egg
- Freihof Sulz (Residential Building)
- Ecological community center Ludesch (Office and commercial building)
This overview-map of Austria is also available as printed attachment of the brochure "Innovative buildings in Austria - Technical Guide".
Brochure "Innovative buildings in Austria - Technical Guide"
The brochure "Innovative buildings in Austria – Technical Guide" gives an overview of 55 demonstration projects (status summer 2012) that have been built or are under construction within the framework of the research and technology programme "Building of Tomorrow". Along with the description of the most important innovations, the "Technical Guide" also provides many illustrations, an overview of key indicators/ energy key data, information of type of construction, start of construction and (planned) completion of the buildings as well as information about significant stakeholders of the project: architects, technical planners, promoters and property developers. Information on address and contact persons as well as information about visiting possibilities of the demonstration buildings and furthermore links to the full project descriptions and documentation on the "Haus der Zukunft/ Building of Tomorrow " website allow interested persons to get an in-depth look into the projects.
In addition to the presentation of the innovative demonstrational buildings a brief outline of the eight "Building of Tomorrow" flagship projects is found in the "Technical Guide". These are projects that treat the issues of "energy-plus settlements", "plus-energy enterprises" and "high-efficiency renovations" as a project bundle and also result into one or more demonstration objects.
In the "Technical Guide" the presentation of the projects is geographically divided into the regions of Western, Central and Eastern Austria, detailed maps of these three areas make it easy to quickly locate the buildings. In addition, the brochure also comprises an overview-map, giving a complete overview of the geographical allocation of the "Building of Tomorrow" demonstration buildings in Austria.