aspern + Vienna's Urban Lakeside - sustainable urban development
The focal points of the largest urban development project in Europe are the topics public space and microclimate as well as cross-building energy supply. Landmark projects will be implemented in the areas residential buildings, office/industry buildings and mobility.
Titel und Synopse
Im Mittelpunkt des größten Stadtentwicklungsprojekts in Europa stehen die Themen Freiraum und Mikroklima sowie die gebäudeübergreifende Energieversorgung. Leuchtturmprojekte werden in den Bereichen Wohnen, Gewerbe und Mobilität entstehen.
Project description / tasks
This project is a "Building of Tomorrow Plus"- flagship project
"Seestadt aspern" is the most important city extension program since the late nineteenth century ("Gründerzeit") and one of the largest city development projects in Europe. The planning area comprises 240 ha, which equals 340 soccer fields. Seestadt aspern shall be constructed in several phases within a period of minimum two decades.
The new residential area shall be the home of about 20.000 inhabitants and 20.000 places of work. In the Austrian city ranking (according to size), Aspern would be comparable to medium sized towns like Baden, Amstetten or Mödling.
The flagship project is based on four principles:
- Public space and micro climate (to investigate the relations between building and outdoor amenity)
- Cross-building energy eistribution (to investigate the options of inter-building energy exchange)
- Demonstration buildings for residential, office and production
- Monitoring (evaluation of the achievement of goals)
The most important goals of the project are:
- Implementation of demonstration projects as flagship projects for the further development of the urban area.
- Outstanding building performance by application of the new EU directive on the energy performance of buildings before its entry into force. i.e. plus-energy buildings in the demonstration projects.
- Further development of prior projects like "ADRES", "Gebäudeintegration" and "ÖNORM Plus" and transfer of their result into application
- Detection of potentials for efficient buildings by optimisation of open/public space.
- Support of the cooperation among investors in order to create synergies related to the efficient use of energy
- Permanent monitoring of the sub-projects and later self-evaluation for subsequent adaption of directives in the building and estate development.
Wien 3420 Aspern Development AG