Conference: Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
Description / table of contents
The coming years will see a sharp increase in the market uptake of highly efficient buildings throughout Europe: by 2018, new public buildings must be "nearly zero energy buildings", by 2020, this will apply to all new buildings.
According to the European Buildings Directive, a "nearly zero energy building" is a building that has a very high energy performance and the very low amount of energy required is covered to a very significant extent by renewable energy sources. Member States draw up National Plans for increasing the number of nearly zero energy buildings, covering both in new construction and renovation.
The Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference will offer
- presentations of criteria for "nearly zero energy buildings" (NZEB) and how this standard can be achieved
- the latest technology trends and financing solutions
- the meeting place for the global sustainable buildings community
- an outlook on the developments on European and global markets for sustainable buildings, including "National Plans for NZEB"
- inspirational case studies and site-visits
- exchange of experience among experts and new business opportunities
- WSED next - an event for young researchers on energy efficiency in buildings
- a major trade show, the “Energiesparmesse“, dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings, with 1,600 exhibitors
The conference will be held in the framework of the annual conference “World Sustainable Energy Days“ which attracted more than 10,000 participants from 99 countries in the last years!
Information on participation
185,- Euro (including the Energy Efficiency Watch Conference and the LED Conference). The fee also includes an entrance ticket to the tradeshow and conference documentation. All fees plus 10 % VAT
English, German, Russian, Spanish
Take the opportunity and share your work, achievements, ideas and insights with the worldwide sustainable energy community! The following possibilities are available:
- Call for Papers & Projects
- Call "WSEDnext" for young researchers
- Propose a speaker
The deadline for inputs is 8th October 2012, for further information please check the conference website www.wsed.at/call.
A-4020 Linz, Landstraße 45
Tel.: +43 (732) 7720-14861
Fax: +43 (732) 7720-14383
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com